(November 16, 2016)
Search This Site
- Whats New
Situationist International Anthology
- Ken Knabbs translations from the notorious group that helped trigger the May 1968 revolt in France. Articles, leaflets, graffiti and internal documents by Guy Debord, Raoul Vaneigem, etc., from the situationists early experiments in cultural subversion and urban psychogeography to their lucid analyses of the Watts riot, the Vietnam War, the Prague Spring, the Chinese Cultural Revolution and other crises and upheavals of the sixties. A revised and expanded edition has recently been published.
- The Society of the Spectacle (Guy Debord)
- Knabb’s translation of the most important radical book of the twentieth century. This new edition is the first in any language to include extensive annotations, clarifying the historical allusions and revealing the sources of Debord’s “détournements.”
- Guy Debords Films
- The latest news about Debord’s films plus excerpts from Knabb’s new translation of the scripts.
- Public Secrets
- Three decades of Knabbs own writings (1970-1997): The Joy of Revolution (visions of a liberated society and how we might get there) and Confessions of a Mild-Mannered Enemy of the State (autobiography), plus earlier articles, leaflets and posters on the sixties counterculture, Wilhelm Reich, Kenneth Rexroth, Gary Snyder, radical Buddhists, Chinese anarchists, the 1970 Polish revolt, the 1979 Iranian uprising, the Gulf war, etc.
- Recent Publications and Polemics
- Knabb’s writings since 1998, plus selected reactions and polemics.
- Comics, leaflets and scandals of three early San Francisco Bay Area situationist groups (1970-1972).
- In the Crossfire: Adventures of a Vietnamese Revolutionary (Ngo Van)
- Although the Vietnam War is still well known, few people are aware of the decades of struggles against the French colonial regime that preceded it, many of which had no connection with the Stalinists (Ho Chi Minhs Communist Party). The Stalinists were ultimately victorious, but only after they systematically destroyed all the other oppositional currents. This book is the story of those other movements and revolts, caught in the crossfire between the French and the Stalinists, told by one of the few survivors.
- Provocative radical documents, old and new — Karl Marx, Clarence Darrow, Randolph Bourne, Bertolt Brecht, Karl Korsch, Josef Weber, Asger Jorn, Paul Goodman, Gary Snyder, Jo Freeman, Raoul Vaneigem, etc.
- Gateway to the Vast Realms
- A list of over 500 books that Knabb recommends classic and modern literature, religion and philosophy, science and psychology, humor and comics, history and revolution with brief comments on why they are worth reading and passages from some of the recommended works.
- Kenneth Rexroth Archive
- Texts by and about the great poet, essayist and social critic, who wryly described his main themes as sex, mysticism and revolution, and who was the leading inspiration behind the San Francisco Renaissance of the fifties and sixties.
- San Francisco in the Sixties (Rexroth)
- Kenneth Rexroth’s complete columns and articles from the San Francisco Examiner (1960-1967), the San Francisco Bay Guardian (1967-1972), and San Francisco magazine (1967-1975).
Textes en Français (French)
Textos en Espańol (Spanish)
Textos em Portuguęs (Portuguese)
Testi in Italiano (Italian)
Texte in Deutsch (German)
Texter pĺ Svenska (Swedish)
Teksti Latviski (Latvian)
Texti po Russki(Russian)
Texti nabeloruskai move (Belarusian)
Tamlilim be-ivrit (Hebrew)
Türkçe Metinler (Turkish)
Neveshtarha-ye Farsi (Farsi)
Nihongo no tekisuto (Japanese)
Terjemahan di dalam bahasa Indonesia (Indonesian)
- Site Index
- Over 3000 name and subject entries. (Note: It may take a while to load.)
NO COPYRIGHT. Unless otherwise indicated, any of the texts published or put online by the Bureau of Public Secrets may be freely reproduced, translated or adapted.